Sunday, June 21, 2009

ÜberFox: “Clearly not ugly”


Just in case you’re dying to know more about Megan Fox, Shia La Beouf’s co-star in Transformers (2007) and this summer’s Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, there is an edifying interview with her in the 6/19/09 issue of Entertainment Weekly.



When asked how she felt about being cast as a sex object, dressed in a stars-and-stripes bikini at the age of 15, Megan remarked that she “wasn’t a feminist yet.” We’re glad you’re a feminist now, Megan. When asked if she considered herself good-looking, she responded, “I’m clearly not ugly.” Well put, Meg.


Asked if she could rise from her sex symbol status to deliver a transforming (sorry) performance such as Charlize Theron’s in Monster, she replied, “I think that I’m so psychotic and so mentally ill that if I could tap into it I could do something really interesting.” Uh, like what? I mean, thanks for sharing.

For me, the biggest revelation comes when Megan declares, “I’m smart and … I can go toe-to-toe with anybody in a conversation.” I guess that means using big words like “übersexual,” “überconfidence,” and – here’s my favorite – “überexcited.” Amazing vocabulary, Megan!

Does her tattoo in the photograph below suggest that she’s read King Lear? I'm impressed merely by the possibility.


Was she wishing she had worn her sports bra to film the scene below?


Could Megan Fox do "something really interesting"?


Who knows? Anyway, thanks for sharing, Megan.


4 comments:

Ed Howard said...

That interview is hilarious. Her intelligence is, uh, debatable, but if nothing else she's one funny girl. And not ugly, either.

Richard Bellamy said...

That interview was the highlight of my week.

Jason Bellamy said...

I'm uber-ubersure that Fox isn't as uberinteresting as she thinks she is.

Richard Bellamy said...

Thanks for the comment. I'm also sure that she has nothing interesting in her. What we're sure about is that Megan will go on making millions for "running and screaming" in action movies, and she will go on thinking she's the new superstar, while many talented actresses can't get roles.