Monday, July 6, 2009

Gone West


For the next week I will be away from my blog (for the most part) out West on a road trip that will take me from Montana, through South Dakota and Nebraska, and then up through Wyoming, taking in historical sites such as the Little Bighorn, Wounded Knee, Fort Robinson, Fort Laramie, and landmarks along the Oregon Trail – as described in my post Set in the West: A Road Trip Preview, which includes commentary on Westerns depicting the famous events connected with those areas. I’m looking forward to seeing some open range and big sky country. I plan to shoot footage for a video, ponder famous Westerns, write a log of my road trip adventures, and post Western Reflections: A Road Trip Log and Video by the end of the month.

4 comments:

Joel Bocko said...

Enjoy your trip, and I look forward to the video. In the mean time, your books have been included in the round-up of responses to "Reading the Movies" which can be found here:

http://hokahey-littleworlds.blogspot.com/2009/05/my-ten-favorite-books-about-film.html

Richard Bellamy said...

Thanks for the comment - and thanks for including me in the round-up of book lists. That was a great idea for a meme - a learned about a lot of titles that I'd like to read.

Richard Bellamy said...

Today I head out to the Little Bighorn, the site of the Rosebud Creek Battle, and the site of the famous sun dance where Sitting Bull had his famous vision. Will end up in Rapid City, SD.

Richard Bellamy said...

In South Dakota now. Today the Badlands and Wounded Knee.